Error help! Can't open the illustration. Could not complete the requested operation.
L***@adobeforums.com
2007-01-16 01:14:58 UTC
This is the error message I'm getting on a file I worked on earlier today.

"Can't open the illustration. Could not complete the requested operation."

All it opens is an empty artboard. HELP! This file was supposed to go to the printer this week!
Thanks in advance, Lisa
J***@adobeforums.com
2007-01-16 16:40:53 UTC
Lisa,

You may start by trying one of these:

1) Place the file in a new document;
2) Rename a copy of the file by changing the extension .ai>.pdf and try to open;
3) Move the hidden Adobe Illustrator CS2 Settings (or Adobe Illustrator CS Settings if you have CS or Adobe Illustrator 10 if you have 10 etc) to the Desktop with Illy closed;
4) Make a forum search (not from this thread but from the forum) for open the illustration. Could not complete the requested operation and read the most relevant threads among the 9 hits.
L***@adobeforums.com
2007-01-16 19:34:34 UTC
Thanks, Jacob. I tried the first two already to no avail--it will allow me to place it, but then it loses most of it's editability which we still needed. I'm going to try the 3rd one now.

I did search the forum last night before posting, but maybe I used too many of the error words and I couldn't find an answer.

Thanks again! Lisa
tbiggs
2007-02-01 17:16:47 UTC
Lisa
Did you solve the problem? I'm having the same problem; m
colleagues in a different location can't open my AI.eps files (though
can open them on my computer). Any suggestions
Thanks,
tren

--
tbigg